Just Dance.

This month for my happiness project I’m focusing on making fitness a habit. I wasn’t sure I could do it, you know, the flu was getting in the way giving me all sorts of excuses. I was considering switching up my project to focus on something else month and make it easier on myself.

I’m happy to say, I stuck it out and started with easy things like walking, not that I’m that out of shape but I was just really that sick. So walking was good and all but then I realized that the BF bought me a wii for XMAS. Yup, a wii with motion and…
Just Dance
So I am not a dancer, you should see videos from ballet as a kid, I’m the pathetic one. But let me tell you, that Just Dance game, is FUN. When I first rented it, gotta try before you buy, I played it ALL DAY LONG. The next day, I was SO sore. Since I can’t run outside with our crappy SLC air, I’ve been dancing.

I’m of course not just writing this to say what a great cardio work out it is, this is about my happiness project after all. If exercise is a mood-booster, dancing is a mood-rocket.

A mood-rocket. Seriously, you’ll go from zero to sixty. Try it. Be Happy.

Original Image Via Here.

• Carli January 10, 2013, 9:18 PM

I love dancing, making up songs, listening to the radio. Really anything that involves music. And I’m not good at any of it but it’s just so fun.

• mskristiina January 10, 2013, 9:27 PM

Oh I’m definitely not good, but in private… It doesn’t matter right?

• Celestine January 10, 2013, 11:06 PM

Haha thats awesome! Im not good with sticking to work outs either. The longest one I stayed with was Zumba and it was great because it was fun. Enjoy your new wii!

• mskristiina January 10, 2013, 11:23 PM

I’m going to try Zumba soon. Everyone’s says how fun it is.

• Bev January 11, 2013, 9:56 AM

In college on semester I got really lazy about dragging my sorry behind to the gym, so instead I would have solo dance parties in my room. I want to buy an xbox360 solely for the dance video games, they make exercising so much fun! And I also highly encourage you to try out Zumba, it’s fun to do and really entertaining to watch everyone (myself included) flail about.

• Alyssa January 11, 2013, 10:23 AM

I love this! I wish we had something like this! I would dance in the living room all day!

• Anna January 11, 2013, 9:35 PM

I haven’t used my Wii in years…I actually feel very guilty about that. I think I might need to get Just Dance. I am so not co-ordinated but it was a great laugh playing it at a friend’s place!

I will have to read more about this happiness project!

• Bea January 12, 2013, 10:33 AM

What a great resolution! Walking is so good, and dancing is just so much fun. It sounds like you got it all figured out to stick to your New Years Resolution 🙂 ~ Bea – stopping by from SITS Sharefest

• Julie Jordan Scott January 12, 2013, 10:59 AM

You’ve convinced me: I need to play Just Dance! I love the idea of renting it first, I tend to look at the price tag and wonder, what if I hate it? I love dancing but am not very good at any new steps (at first) but I am committed to getting it. Fitness in a fun way…. I am all about that!

• hilljean January 12, 2013, 11:05 AM

That sounds so fun. I need to get a Wii. I need to exercise. I need to just. get. off. the. couch.

• Savvy Working Gal January 12, 2013, 2:44 PM

This does look fun and something I would do at home. That is one of the reasons I take classes at the gym. I’d be on the treadmill for ten minutes and start to think I should unload the dishwasher and that would be it. With a class you are forced to workout for the duration of the class unless you leave early. Also I noticed I stick with the fun classes – Zumba and Turbo Kick longer than with a bootcamp like class.

Good luck.

• Kate January 12, 2013, 6:10 PM

This post came at the perfect time. Like a lot of people, I’ve resolved to get fit and healthy in the new year. I’m already in the habit of reguarly walking/jogging every day. But I was looking to ratchet it up. And I totally forgot about my Wii !! I think I even have unopened copies of “Just Dance” and “Zumba”. They’ve all been gathering dust and I think its high time they came out to play! Thanks for the reminder!

• Joi @ Rx Fitness Lady January 21, 2013, 8:05 AM

Hi! I’m back again from SITS to see what you’ve been up to lady. I’m all about fitness, I hope it’s successful for you this year. I despised my ballet, tap, and jazz class so much, I got “stomach aches” every Thursday until my Mother finally gave in and let me ditch it:)